Sometimes after the update of MS04-038 security system to the computer with Microsoft Windows XP the following Entry Point Not Found Error message can appear on the computer startup:
“Explorer.EXE – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located in the dynamic link library DLL SHLWAPI.dll”
There are many error messages like that can be seen on the computer startup, they can be bound with different programs, for example like this one:
“The AppleSyncNotifier.exe – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point xml TextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll”
|Download Windows Cannot Find Fix Wizard ($19.95). We offer free remote support in case software won’t work.|
The reason of the first Entry Point Not Found Error message can be because the update MS04-038 was installed incorrectly. As a rule in the case of update installation failure ((SP2) in Windows XP) the system returns in its previous state. If the automatic backup did not happen, then the process of restoration of the update can partially delete it after the next computer startup. For example the automatic backup cannot take place in the case of computer DE-energization during the update installation. After the computer reboot the message can appear offering to delete the remaining part of the update manually with the help of Add or Remove Programs application.
In order to depose your computer, perform the following actions:
1. Boot your computer. (if it does not boot correctly, then boot it in Safe Mode)
2. If the error message will appear, then open your Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC). And don’t pay attention to the additional error messages.
3. Click File, then New task (Run)
4. Type the command “control appwiz.cpl” (without quotes) and click OK.
5. If the Add or Remove Programs application does not run, then try to type another command:
“%windir%\$NtUninstallKB834707$\spuninst\spuninst.exe” (also without quotes)
6. Then in the Add or Remove Programs window choose Windows XP Hotfix – KB834707 and click delete. Then follow the instructions and click finish when it will appear. Reboot your computer.
7. After the computer reboot click Start button and choose Control Panel.
8. Choose Add or Remove Programs, click update (SP2) for Windows XP, click delete and then follow the instructions. Remember the names of the program that can be installed after the update (SP2) for Windows XP. Probably you will have to reinstall them after the update removal.
9. If the Add or Remove Programs doesn’t run, use Task Manager as in the 2 and 3 items and type the command as usual without quotes:
10. Reboot your computer and then visit Windows Update and reinstall the SP2 update for Windows XP.
If all this will not useful for your case then restore the system or reinstall the operational system.
In the case of the AppleSyncNotifier.exe issue you can use the following instructions:
1. Open my computer, then local disk C:/Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support
2. Right-click SQLite3.dll and choose copy then return to the Apple folder and select Mobile Device Support then right-click on the window(not on the files in that folder) and select paste to add that in the folder. These instructions can solve your Entry Point Not Found Error.