The error message like:
“Windows cannot find ‘Updater.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.”
can appear quite frequently at the computer startup. In most cases this type of errors references to the Windows registry of your PC. The System Registry or Windows registry is the tool that is useful for Windows when you install, update or uninstall any software and hardware.
|Download Windows Cannot Find Fix Wizard ($19.95). We offer free remote support in case software won’t work.|
There are some cases of incorrect installation or removal due to some adverse conditions and it can cause the appearance of Windows Cannot Find updater.exe error. The problem is that some areas of the System Registry can be clogged with needless file trash, that’s why some programs cannot work properly, when the Registry runs more than one program. When it happens the System demonstrates pop-up error message windows or some other disorder can take place.
So, before spending much time and money to call the technician, you can fix this problem by yourselves. There are different powerful tools to clean the registry that are able to solve these and all other problems with the System Registry. For example: Security Stronghold Registry Cleaner. These tools are very useful for that people who cannot clean the Registry manually. The program knows better what to remove in your System Registry, then entrust your Registry to these wise programs and in several second your Windows Cannot Find updater.exe problem will be solved.
There is one more method for the solution of the problems that are bound with different error messages and some other disorder. You can run your Windows Vista or Windows 7 with the help of minimal driver set and automatically loaded programs. This type of boot is called clean boot. The clean boot will help you to eliminate the conflicts of the software. So, here we are going to describe how to find and solve the problems with the help of the clean boot:
– Boot your computer using the account with the administrative rights.
– Click the Start button
– Type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files field and press enter in order to run the program of system configuration.
– Enter the password and click the continue button.
– In the General tab choose Selective Startup and remove the tick from the Load startup items check box.
– In the Services tab put the tick Hide all Microsoft services and click the button Disable all.
– All these actions give an opportunity to run all the system services. Click OK and choose Reboot item.
Then you are going to activate the half of the whole number of the services.
1. Repeat the actions that run the program of system configuration. Then choose the Services tab and put the tick Hide all Microsoft services.
2. Put the tick in the half of the check boxes in the list Services.
3. Click OK and choose Restart.
If the problem appears again, then you should understand what the cause of it is.
1. Repeat the actions that run the program of system configuration. And remove all the ticks that you have put earlier in the Services List.
2. If the problem is not eliminated then put the tick near the check boxes that were not used in the previous instruction. Continue to have all the check boxes checked.
3. If in the Services list there is only one service that in chosen and the problem is still exist, then exactly this service is the cause of it.
After that you should perform the following actions to boot your PC in Normal boot:
– Click the Start button. Type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files field and press enter in order to run the program of system configuration.
– Enter the password and click the continue button
– Choose General tab, choose Normal boot and click OK.
– Then click Restart the computer.